Books =D

As of today, my current reading genre, for no exact reason, has been geared into fantasy, from travel literature (Bill Bryson and Will Ferguson are the best). Before that, it was self-help and Japanese language guides, which I never finish reading but they're good to have around just in case. On and off, chic lit and bestsellers everyone talks about, but only when I get them ultra cheap from warehouse sales. In reverse chronology prior to that, Harry Potter, Lucy Maud Montgomery (of the Anne of Green Gables fame), Roald Dahl. Of course, the one that started it all, Enid Blyton.

Having finished three books in the past three days (too much time in Langkawi and the hairdresser's), sales at Borders today saw me buying an armful of books, although I had this nagging reproachful voice telling me that I could go to a library to borrow them instead of wasting money and shelf space. But new books are so inviting, like fresh warm pancakes with maple syrup. I just can't resist them.

So I bought four books today, since the books had 15% discount and if I spend more than RM100 I get a RM10 voucher. The books, are newly wrapped and delectably stacked at arm's reach. I'm happy =D

What I got:
1) Alain de Botton (2002) The Art of Travel. New York: Vintage International. - to wean me off travel literature, a book about the philosophy of travelling. I first saw it in New Zealand but didn't get it because it was NZD30, i.e. RM75. It's cheaper here =D

2) Terry Pratchett (2001) Thief of Time. New York: Harper Collins Publishers - Bought this at random, apparently there's a whole new world of Discworld that I need to find out about. What have I got myself into?? Praise the Internet and wikipedia though.

3) Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman (1990) Good Omens. New York: Harper Collins Publishers - Bought this because I thought the blurb behind was interesting.
"According to The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch (the world's only completely accurate book of prophecies, written in 1655, before she exploded), the world will end on a Saturday. Next Saturday, in fact. Just before dinner. [so on and so forth, lazy to type]"

4) Susanna Clarke (2004) Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrel. London: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC - It's an international bestseller, and it has got accolades from Neil Gaiman himself, so I am counting on it to be good. Besides it's a huge ass book and is bound to last me for a while.

Sleepy, going to bed, will be busy for the following days, don't wait up for me.