The Bet.

My palms clammy and cold with sweat
Preparing to walk the plank.
To win myself the fateful bet
Though I can't swim, to be frank.

Thousand miles below it seemed
My cousin grinned slyly.
How I longed to scream at him
But the voice wouldn't come out of me.

At the edge of the plank I trembled
Wavering slightly, I shut my eyes.
Taking a step as I shuddered
I plunged down, preparing to die.

Down and down and down I fell
Holding my breath in terror.
My fear was more than I could tell
The feeling was indescribable.

It seemed like hours till I hit the water
As cold as ice to my skin.
I splashed onto the surface and spluttered
Safe and sound as I'd been.

I shook off the water after a pause
Recovering after the fall.
Cousin asked me how it was
I replied, "No big deal at all."

----

Dug up some rhymes I wrote 10 years ago. Typing them out for my mum, so just post one of them up for you guys =)

Indigestion slowly recovering, thanks for checking in on me!