I am bored.

I am also PMSed.

I am in an Internet cafe now in Wellington, which cost like $3 an hour and is probably the best rate in town. The rest cost $4. It's Friday night and I have nothing to do, so I am prepared to squander my hard-earned money by opening MSN Messenger, something which I have not done since I have been on the travel team.

There is a karaoke nearby and it is evident that some people really can't hear themselves when they sing. If they could, they would probably destroy their eardrums out of sheer shame that they had produced such noise pollution. But too bad, they can't, and their eardrums are still intact for no good reason. (Since they can't hear themselves sing.)

Today was last day of work and we will have a long paid weekend from tomorrow till Wednesday. I did quite okay on turf today with four signups. Theoretically I should be in ecstasy but I am still disgruntled because of annoyances like
  • New Zealand Post LOST MY PARCEL that I sent to Auckland, I probably lost like $100 worth of stuff inside. HUGE ANNOYANCE.
  • We are stuck in Wellington till 31st Dec. And we have returned our car, won't be getting another one till we reach South Island. So we are effectively stuck in the Wellington City Centre for the following 10 days. The only consolation is that on Christmas day all trains are free, so I will probably hop on and off just for the hell of it, and visit some nearby towns. Not that I'm expecting anything fun because we've done some of the towns as turf anyway.
  • We have to move to another backpacker's on Christmas Eve, and move back again to the present one 4 days later. Without a car. What a pain!
  • Robert is leaving the travelling team. Today was his last day working with us. I will miss him so much. Hi Robert! *waves* Ik zal u missen!
Bored bored bored. Have spent like 2 1/2 hrs on the Internet now. I should write something on my travel blog but I am lazy to do so.

Ooh! My paycheck has arrived. I feel marginally better. After all it's better to be stuck in Wellington than, say, Palmerston North.

Miss everybody at home. I wish I were home this Christmas. The Internet Cafe Guy has informed me that they will close in 15 minutes.

Probably going to the Te Papa museum tomorrow. Yeah I do have a museum fetish. And it's supposed to be the best in NZ so I'm quite looking forward to it.