creak creak

So many different parts of my body are aching. My neck, my shoulders, my arms, my back - the lower limbs seem to have fared better, only a huge bruise on my right knee where it banged on the dragonboat repeatedly while trying to steady my body.

I think I seriously like dragonboating enough to commute an hour plus every week just to go to Kallang River to torture myself. I don't know what it's about - it's just really therapeutic to focus on the rower in front of you, trying to keep the rowing in sync, and gliding on the waves when everyone's timed correctly. It's social but not too social - teamwork is essential but conversation is not. You hear energetic yells pushing you on ("Longer! Harder! Deeper! Twist those bodies!") instead of the voice in your head complaining about how bored you are on the treadmill.

Oh and of course, fit (and straight) guys galore =D What more could one ask for.

It's almost 3am and I'm quite sleepy, but I can't sleep because my smart self forgot to turn on the washing machine at 12am after putting all the laundry in. 2 and a half hours later, I return to the machine, wanting to dry the clothes - only to find out they're all still dry. Washing powder and all. Eff.

I've told my chief tenant that I'm moving. I'm rather sorry, I do like my housemates, but I'm glad that I've finally made a decision. The landlord has been evading discussion for almost a week now, the cowardly bastard, and the past week I was just having this eternally tiresome internal debate arguing over the pros and cons of staying put. So yeah, I join the league of homeless people, yet again. I'm squatting at Jia Ling's for the time being until I finish all my travelling and come back to settle down.

Amidst all the tiredness and the fact that I haven't finished either of my tasks deadlined today (!!), I'm actually pretty happy and contented right now.