In case anyone's interested -


I've got 10 quarters, 10 dimes, 4 five-cents and 20 pennies in my wallet. And no the numbers are not contrived - I just happen to have really nice even numbers of the coins. Quarter = 25cents, dime = 10cents, penny = 1cent. I had to google dime up because it doesn't say on the coin how much it's worth.

So all in all I have $3.90 in the form of coins. I have been forced to accumulate them because I always use bills because coins are just too confusing, especially when I don't really know the difference between dimes and five-cents, and didn't want to squint every time I had to use coins. Need to get rid of all of these.

I am staying in a student cooperative now, in a building that used to be a commune. In fact I am staying in this room which used to be "The Guru's Room", which has a big heavy wooden door like what leads to dungeons, and the key that opens the room has "Dharma" labeled on it. The key to the main door says "Love". There are also Buddha outlines on the wooden walls, and mysteriously, a 囍 engraved on the wall as well. Gotta love the hippies.

This is not my host's room, btw. What happened was that my host and I did not meet up yesterday. I was waiting for her outside the cooperative when this guy came out, and we started chatting, and he gave me the keys to his room because he was moving out. So after waiting a bit for my host who didn't show up, I ended up sleeping at 7pm in this guy's room because I was so tired. So today I've actually met up with the host, who was super sweet and made hot chocolate for me, but am still sleeping at the Guru room since it's empty. It is also a really dirty room, but since beggars can't be choosers, I shall not complain. It doesn't smell and I didn't get bed bug bites through my sleeping bag, so all is good.

Word has it that public transport in San Fran's going into a strike on Monday, so I'm leaving for Davis to find Yao Hua on Sunday I think. I should probably tell him that.