Mum says the darndest things.

Conversation in the car between me and my mum today.

Mum: "Do you know if people can have babies without a husband?"
Me: "Like a test tube baby?"
Mum: "Yeah, how do they do it? Where do they get the sperm from?"
Me: "From the sperm bank lah... I've heard that you can even choose the profile of the sperm donor and stuff like that. I can google for you to see how it happens in Malaysia. Why, which of your friends is interested?"
Mum: "For you lah!"

Erm.

OK.

Never ceasing to surprise me, my mum, from a previous suggestion to "adopt when you're forty and don't have a partner yet", has overwritten that idea with a test tube baby "because we don't want to waste your good genes". In other words, my mum seems to have given up on me going through the conventional path of dating, getting a good husband, conceiving a baby like everybody else - and decided that I should just waltz to the end process of getting a baby.

And I love her for that =D