Yo!

Is an example of how not to greet someone in Thailand. I can't remember what it is now. I've only got one word in my Thai vocabulary and that is "baht".

Asa and I are now in Kanchanaburi, a two-hour bus ride from Bangkok, and we're sitting in an Internet cafe half-drenched with sweat and rain, happily getting drunk on the Internet which costs 20Baht (RM2) per hour. Cheap =D Can blog.

We reached Kanchanaburi at about 1pm today, after going around this morning looking for a pair of sandals because the pair I borrowed from my dad (yes we share the same shoe size. shut up.), in a strenuous and death-defying activity of climbing the stairs, snapped. I'm getting used to apparel and shoes dying on me now. Bought a new pair of sandals (300Baht) and all was well again.

This afternoon we spent walking around Kanchanaburi, graciously declining numerous offers of "tuk"ing to our destinations although it is rather cheap to cruise around in a tuktuk. The weather is cloudy and intermittently rainy. We walked from the bus station to our accommodation (cool rafthouse on the river) and then to the famous Bridge over the River Kwai. Made numerous detours and poked our noses in other people's backyards for a good view of the bridge from afar.

It is wonderful travelling with Asa. She's got a GPS biologically wired into her, seriously, I don't ever need to worry about directions when I'm with her. And we're so compatible, in decision-making, travel style, level of impulsiveness etc. that we've pondered over the possibility of getting married. The sperm bank can come into the picture then. Hail Girl Power!

We shall go to the Erawan National Park tomorrow for its famed Erawan Falls. Then we will be heading back to Bangkok in the evening for a weekend of debauchery and spending. Till the next cheap Internet cafe, ciao!