1 1/2 Days till Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Ayutthaya and Penang

And I've yet to pack anything. I have, this morning, changed my profile on Facebook to "Jun-E is packing for Bangkok" as a symbolic gesture. Ahem. The gesture is still largely symbolic.

La di da. Whatever will be, will be. I'll whip up something two hours before departure as usual.

There's something therapeutic about watching a bunch of aunties line-dancing at a basketball court in the evening. I don't know what it is. The rhythm, the skipping feet, the smiles on their faces. It just makes me feel that the world can be a better place.

I've got an upset stomach today. It's interfering with my blogging. You know what they say about stomachs and blogs. Hmm. I think it was actually rectums and blogs, if my memory serves me right. Anyway. Moving on.

I'm a little sad today. I'm always a little sad when I leave my little cocoon of a room. Wednesday marks the start of my last epic romp before Singapore. After I leave for The Land That Owns Pedra Bianca, it will be leaving home, for real. This time it's not just six months. I'm going to be stuck in a foreign place, although Singapore is hardly foreign. Home will be a distant "hometown", and I'll be one of those vying for train tickets and bus tickets come festive seasons.

I'll have a new room there. I'll have new friends. I'll get a new bike, to bike around the NTU campus.

I don't want to go. I like my room here. I like my friends here. I don't have a bike here, but I can't pedal a straight line anyway. Actually I can pedal a straight line. It's the curves that get me.

And when I come home, it won't be the same anymore. It's like growing up for good. Growing up is overrated. I don't want to grow up, like ever.

Hmm. I was just listening to Homer's Beer Song, which I got from this site. The tune is damn emo, like my mood just now, but the lyrics...
(spoken) well beer, we've had some great times
(sang) when i was 17, i drank some very good beer
i drank some very good beer i purchased with a fake ID
my name was brian mckee, i stayed up listening to Queen
when i was 17

Sang to Frank Sinatra's "It was a Very Good Year" =_=

I'm freaking smiling now.

Then while searching for the lyrics I came across this other beer song of Homer,
DOUGH... the stuff... that buys me beer...
RAY ..... the guy that sells me beer...
ME...... the guy...who drinks the beer,
FAR..... the distance to my beer.
SO...... I think I'll have a beer.
LA...... La, la la la la beer
TEA..... no thanks, I'm drinking beer...
That will bring us back to...

(Looks into an empty glass)

D'OH!

Sang to "Do Re Mi" of Sound of Music.

OK I'm laughing now. I think I'm horribly hormonal or something. But you gotta love The Simpsons.

I shall go to bed. Meeting LL tomorrow =)