Sabah ist der Hammer!

We are so bloody lucky to have Sabah as part of Malaysia. (I'm sure the same applies to Sarawak but I haven't been there yet so I can't say.)

I am so loving it here!!!!!!! The past few days have been nothing but sublime. I've had so many first-time experiences yesterday alone at Weston Wetland, that I'm not even going to cover it here, I promise a superbly long post when I get back. As a teaser - a pair of fireflies had sex on the palm of my hand! Beat that! (Not literally, no!)

So far we have gone to the Gaya market, whitewater rafting, Weston Wetland (a must do!) and island hopping (parasailing + snorkelling). Tomorrow we're going to a little-known Bamboo Music Festival (I found it off the Internet, so far no Sabahan I've spoken to has heard of it before hearing of it from me), Nex is bringing us there. Nex is the bestest guide that anyone can ask for in KK! Thanks to him we had a kickass itinerary and the trip has been just wonderful. Later we're also meeting up with Guang Hong for dinner.

I dropped my camera on the ground and it no longer works, but I'm still in good spirits because of the greatness of Sabah.

Ahh. Happiness. Toodles till I get back to KL!

p/s. I'm writing the title in German as a signal to the Network of German Backpackers (NGB) to bring their hordes of backpackers over here. Go. To. Sabah. Immediately. Now.