The Weekend that Was.

For the first time in weeks I had a real weekend, a weekend not ridden with mountains of readings or paperwork or idiotic group members. And right now I am having persimmons and watching a Japanese movie about three girls who suddenly got super powers from eating instant noodles. Flummoxed by the sheer ridiculousness of the plot, I've decided to blog about my weekend instead.

Friday.
Had a good test that I hardly studied for, wahaha... Since I am only aiming for B as B is the minimum requirement for PhD students (see - if they didn't put a requirement there I would have aimed for an A instead. See how suppressive laws are counter-productive??) and I am pretty sure I can get a B at least, so right after the test I was sprightly and decided to go back to the hostel and chill. Was planning to watch a Bollywood movie at 6pm but then it started raining and since I was too lazy to get up at 4:30pm to start my commute, I decided to skip the movie.

8pm I found myself at the mall at Choa Chu Kang which is just a regular mall which happens to have a library in it and said library also happened to be closed for renovation - so I found myself wandering aimlessly in a mall in Singapore, yet again. Had below-average-rum-and-raisin-gelato and met up with Yuen briefly on her way home since she passes by CCK. 10pm met Jia Ling at Yew Tee, had hash browns and beer in her house watching TV. Good domestic life which I haven't had since ever. The beer made me very sleepy so I went to bed, only to be awakened by wakeful Jia Ling at 1am and we ended up chatting till about 5am.

Saturday
At 7am Jia Ling woke up to go for work (some kind of primary school orientation day) and I slept till about 10am, after which I woke up and made yet another batch of hash browns with mayo. Good oily stuff, washed down with pomegranate juice and crappy Taiwanese game shows. Had lunch with Jia Ling back and went to find Kuan Sheng to get my travel towel. Afternoon was spent back in the hostel watching Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2.

7pm I met with some exchange student friends (Poj from Thailand and Vera and Han Bing from China) and made our way to school. Why the school? 'Coz we were going to have a pizza picnic on the roof of the school =D My idea. Had delivery pizza, oranges and beer, and chatted till about 12:30am after which we walked back to hostel together. They're going to leave Singapore next week and I'll have three less friends in Singapore =(

Sunday
Had already made plans with Han Bing and Vera to have lunch together and to go to Orchard Road. We parted ways at Orchard and I hunted down swimsuits that I needed to buy. Seriously, all the shops sell identical stuff. After the third Triumph swimwear section I decided to just pick one and quit Orchard Road. I don't even like it that much, it's a matter of necessity since I am going to KK and I don't want to be without my swimsuit. I kept rationalizing that since it will last virtually forever, I don't have to worry too much about the exorbitant price that I paid.

Then I made my way to Bugis and Bras Basah Complex which is an entire building composed of bookshops. Quite a nerd's heaven actually. I ended up buying three books from one of the used books store. Then I chilled at the National Library which was beside the complex. Ended up back here at about 10.

So that was my weekend. How was yours?

Odds and ends.
I've observed that the people around me are using my dramatic "It's horrible!" ejaculation. Feels good to be unconsciously imitated =D

I was just thinking what the world would be like if women devoured their men right after they copulate, like the spiders. I heard that the thigh part is the best.

Perversion is when Christmas songs are blasted in every shopping mall when it isn't even half past November yet. Creepiness is when a middle-aged man starts singing the Barney I love you, you love me song while queueing to get down the escalator in the MRT.

I've been having intermittent toothaches and it is making me cranky.

I bought a CD which teaches French with music. Gonna convert the audio files into mp3s so that I can listen to them when in public transport. Je voudrais manger quelque chose - I would like to eat something. Also one of my used books is The Blue Book of French, published in 1964. Got it for SGD4.

Stupid tooth stop throbbing damnit =_=

Ai crappy post will publish anyway here you go.