Tuesday and various gallivants

I woke up this morning to find the pimples on my right cheek magically transferred to the left, overnight. I imagine that one of them decided to pack up and look for greener pastures, and the rest followed suit.

I'm going to retrieve my convocation gown from UM this afternoon, and tonight I'll be going for a play called The System of Cikgu Tuko at KLPac. Just felt like watching a play =D

Yesterday me and my parents went for a night out at No Black Tie for Rendra Zawawi's performance. Admittedly it was somewhat of a “dutiful” attendance – both ‘coz Prof W had invited me (and apparently he forgot that he had invited me, aiks) and ‘coz I felt like I should support the local musicians.

Actually it turned out to be rather good. I liked Rendra’s live performance better than on the CD (which I bought some time ago). His voice is really powerful, and reminds me of Josh Groban. I’m glad to say that his pitch is almost impeccable, and spared my sensitive ears of any cringing. All were his original compositions, and performing was a band with a pianist, a bassist, a drummer, a guitarist, Rendra himself who played the guitar and had a piano solo, and later on a violinist went onstage to perform 3 songs.

No Black Tie is at one of the back alleys nearby Bukit Bintang, which I would never have found if it weren't for my sporting mum and dad. It serves Japanese food and the Sake Harasu was great =D

I also blogged about clubbing (on Sat night after the Bangsa Malaysia gathering) during Blogger's dreadful down time yesterday but am deciding to bin it because the moment has passed. So I'll just leave you with this photo.