Bungyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

Yo. Bungying in four hours. Bungying in four hours. Bungying in four hours.

The fear hasn't kicked in yet and I am trying to hype myself into it. That's kinda funny because on some level I feel that I should be scared, but I am not right now. Or maybe I am, since I woke up at 6:30am and couldn't go back to bed. Hyper hyper hyper.

I finally took the first step to learn cooking yesterday. After work, I tagged along with my co-workers to Foodtown, which is a supermarket nearby where we live. I loitered around the snack section as my three strapping male counterparts walked around to choose their veges for dinner. That felt faintly embarrassing, so when I met Robert, my Dutch colleague at the wine aisle, I made him teach me how to cook.

I was not scalded with hot oil. I did not blow up the kitchen. Flowers did not wilt at the smell of my terrible cooking.

It turned out that the wildly exaggerated notions that I had on culinary mishaps were, well, wildly exaggerated. After the unfortunate episode of almost burning the building down by putting a frozen fish fillet into overheated oil, the cooking yesterday went smoothly and was almost disappointingly uneventful. I did okay and under the gentle supervision of Robert, learnt that stir frying vegetables does not mean squashing them with a spatula. (I thought doing that would help conduct the heat to cook the broccoli better. Ahem. In hindsight that sounds stupid.)

Should I die a terrible bungy death, to Asa I leave my entire collection of manga.

Oh yeah! Valentin has his own blog now, so I return his good name to him and announce that he is no longer The Boy Too Stupid to Open A Blog. Here's his blog, The Curious Incident of Me Being in New Zealand. Good stuff, mate! Awesome! Keep it up! ;)

Got the offer letter from Nanyang Technological University, so I am now officially on a research scholarship to Singapore for PhD next August. More details later.

Ah gotta rush! Bungy awaits!