I'm so cool, I got celebrity friends, yeah!

I was doing grocery shopping tonight, at Fairprice Xtra in Jurong Point 2, planning to have fruit meals tomorrow since I'll be chilling out in the dorm the whole day, when I suddenly remembered this trail of ants wandering aimlessly on my desk this morning. Seriously, I tried following the trail but it started nowhere and did not end anywhere either. It was as if the ants just decided to take a walk, just because they could. Now that bothered the hell out of me because I like knowing where ants come from and where they're going. I like to know that they're fulfilling some purpose in life, not just taking a walk out just because it's a fine day. Stupid aimless ants. I didn't get fruits at the end.

So anyway. It was a good day today. It was one of those days when you've got programmes all lined up and random stuff happen in between the programmes filling in the gaps. There was this thing organized by the International Student Centre, going to the MINT toy museum, at a steal of SGD6 inclusive of to-and-fro bus rides and the entrance fees. The original entrance fees cost SGD15 per pax ok. (Wahey, score!) So we gathered at the NTU Chinese Heritage Centre in the morning, expecting to go to the toy museum, when they made us watch some documentaries on overseas Chinese and take a tour around the Chinese Heritage Centre. I don't mind it so much 'coz I like history and stuff but what I didn't like was how they only casually mentioned the Chinese Heritage Centre tour like in one line in the email, and blew up the toy museum, when actually the Chinese Heritage Centre tour took longer than the toy museum tour! Just felt like the toy museum was some kind of ploy to trick us into going into the Chinese Heritage Centre.

"Chinese Heritage Centre" is very tiresome to type.

So then we started the toy museum tour finally at 1pm. The museum was alright. I think SGD15 is a bit pricey, but since I paid only SGD6 (inclusive of transport, wahey, score!) it was okay. The morning of learning about overseas Chinese and the history of NTU was worth it after all. I had made an appointment with Yuen to meet up with a bunch of people "looking for intellectual discussion" at 7:30pm, so since I was free till then me and Roman went to SMU to play boardgames at the Settler's Cafe. And yes I kicked his ass big time, thank you for asking.

So at 7:15pm I met up with Yuen who was in this other meeting with this chap who shoots artsy photos and videos. Yuen's in theatre. She gets featured in newspapers often. She performs for international audiences. I'm so cool, I got celebrity friends, yeah! After the brief meeting we met up with the intellectual crowd and talked philosophy, politics, near death experiences and the Mormon episode in South Park. It was more fun than the toy museum but less fun than board games. Just wanted to give you a scale. Yeah I know all this "intellectual" stuff sounds dodgy and mildly disturbing, long story on how I got into this, lazy to elaborate, Yuen broadens my social circle and she's a celebrity and I'm so cool, I got celebrity friends, yeah!

After that, took the MRT home, stopped by Fairprice Xtra, didn't buy anything, and finally came back. I got two blog comments and three emails, yay! Although you guys aren't celebrities I love you anyway ;) mwah mwah

ok sleepy already bye.