Hang in there.

Busy oh so busy. I'm in KL and my productivity level has hit the roof - I've been hard at work in reading literature in attempt to put together a proposal for an impulsive stab at getting a research grant (deadline 15th June, same deadline as another paper I have to submit for a forum T_T) and apparently I will be going for a camping trip next weekend.

I say "apparently" because I am as surprised about it as you are - another impulsive decision made just this evening, and it will take at least a good four days out of my already tight timeframe. But I am extremely psyched about it and I will just have to work doubly hard to make up for lost time.

The original plan was to stay in KL for as long as my productivity continues, and that itself is motivation enough for me to stay productive. I'm also going to Penang this Sunday for a night's stay to stuff my face and to meet Mel Sim. But with the camping trip in the picture, I'll have to go back to Singapore to get my hiking shoes and other stuff. Meaning that I shall have to make a trip back to Singapore in between Tuesday and Friday to get my stuff, unpack my boxes (fled Singapore with everything still in boxes in my new room), borrow more books and if possible, meet my co-supervisor.

Wahlau stress.

In response to the stress I've actually written a draft of the proposal for the research grant (in like half an hour haha - Stress is your friend). A draft with horrible English, but a draft nonetheless. I think I've got the gist of what I want to do, and right now it seems plausible. I'm sure tomorrow I will despair over one loophole or another but now I'm just going to simmer in the afterglow of writing a plausible dirty draft.

I've got a lot of mails to reply, I'm sorry if any of you are reading this, but I just don't have much time in front of the computer that actually accesses the Internet - my laptop refuses to go online with my home network, and the sister uses the Internet-accessing computer most of the time, and other times I'm doing academic reading and running errands like renewing my passport (Murphy's Law dictates that one will always have bad hair when one takes one's passport picture T_T).

When I can, like right now, I'm just not in the mood to. So just hang in there, alright? See you guys in a bit =)