Super disoriented.

This week I'm only spending two nights on my KL bed - Sunday night in Northam Hotel, Penang; Monday night at home; Tuesday and Wednesday night on KTM; tonight at home; Friday and Saturday night in the wild camping =)

*hugs self*

I know I have lots to do but right now I'm so disoriented from getting back to KL 6am this morning that I've resorted to... watching police-themed HK dramas, which probably does not help any. I've got stuff to blog about and they're all swimming in my head, no thanks to the thick HK drama plot and adrenaline-inducing action scenes (damn them).

Emails to reply, emails to reply. I watched Sell Out! last week and I thought it was commendable and I wanted to blog about it - but that slipped away before I could and suddenly I was in Penang. In Penang I watched a documentary in the hotel about planets and the universe and was really intrigued - wanted to blog about that, and also the fact that I hadn't been in a decent hotel for so long and hadn't seen Melissa Sim for so long and the Penang orgasmic foooooooood but then I was rumbling along the train tracks from KL to Singapore.

Intermittently I also wanted to blog about these nasty bug bites that I've got on my ankles and my calves, I don't know what bit me but the bites are itchy, swollen and manifest in angry red five-cent spots of busted capillaries. In moments of commuting idleness I wondered if I could put a leech on the bite and somehow neutralize it. I'm still wondering.

In Singapore I ran about running errands, saw my co-supervisor and practically binned my grant application draft (demolition, ground zero, deep breath and here we go again). Oh yeah how could I forget?

I AM GOING TO BOSTON IN AUGUST =D

When I first got the news I wanted to tell someone who could understand the importance of this to me. Picked up my phone and realized that there was no one. At the end I broke the news to a couple of my colleagues and got the same level of congratulations that I would give to a random colleague who just got accepted for an overseas conference. Sigh.

Oh yeah - sometime last week I also got the news that my homosexuality and films paper got accepted into another conference held in New Delhi, but I'm going to be stuck in Singapore for another forum at the same period of time so no New Delhi for me. I haven't even bought the ticket to India yet, the trip with Asa, it's been such a busy period of time that I keep putting it off, and that is keeping my parents on tenterhooks because they're trying their best to dissuade me from going in light of the swine flu situation. I don't know yet.

To chronicle my current turmoil of activity, firstly I have a deadline to meet and that's on 24th May and since I'd be busy dodging leeches (or actively seeking them out muahahaha) then somewhere in Ulu Terong, Perak, the deadline will be rolled forward to... tomorrow. Holy macaroni. Ground zero grant application and rewrite of another paper for a graduate forum in July, both deadlines on June 15. First year report deadline July 3rd. Amidst all the deadlines I have to plan for my trip to Boston which I am planning to stretch way longer than 3 days. For research-related crazy schemes of course.

Visa, tickets, couchsurfing... blah. somehow not in a crazy scheme mood.

While travelling this time around, from Singapore to KL and from KL to Penang - snippets of the travelling I did last year kept resurfacing. Camp fire in Cameron Highlands with Val (who subsequently got diarrhoea hahaha); the Jelapang Toll with the impossibly clean toilet when me and Asa went hitchhiking; the beautiful views of the northern forests and mountain range while road tripping with YKent and GuangHong; running for the bus while meeting Robert in Malacca. I love this country man. And I miss all my friends.

Suddenly emo. Woi camping trip tomorrow! Going Boston in August! 12noon already. I think I should go take a nap.