One way ticket to India

Was in the middle of an air ticket transaction when my debit card was declined (probably due to lack of funds). So now Asa and I are proud owners of two one-way tickets to India. We will probably have to turn lesbians and set up a family underground there while pretending to be sisters. Since that's what you do when you buy one-way tickets to India. No?

I've decided to return to Singapore on Monday. The very thought of it weighs me down, sigh. After the trip back from Singapore last week I haven't done any work (for one whole week! the horror!) so it is time for me to go back and pay my dues.

There's also a very real possibility that I may have to move again, because my landlord is a creep. When I was in KL he opened my locked door, to "spot-check", WTF. He has also stated through email that he will continue doing that until he can trust us and we can "give him confidence", and it is his responsibility to ensure that we all "live in harmony and safety and enjoy our stay". (Does this sound familiar to anyone?) I am NOT bloody living in a hostel, and he's NOT my bloody hostel matron. As far as the tenancy agreement is concerned he does not have the right to do that, and I might seek legal recourse.

Though according to this page, Singapore is pro-landlord and there is no comprehensive law dealing with landlord and tenant relations. Then there's this forum page where the landlady went through the tenant's garbage (found a used condom and forfeited his deposit coz she accused him of bringing girls back but the guy was just masturbating with the condom) and his belongings occasionally. There's no solution in the threads, but some comments are just ridiculous.

"If I'm not mistaken, there is no invasion of privacy here. The flat belongs to the owners and I know some of them will check the room (but won't tell you that they do) in order to ensure there is no drugs / illegal substance."


WTFFFF RAGE NO INVASION OF PRIVACY?? "To ensure there is no drugs/illegal activities" is exactly the same reason given by my Creepy Landlord - and I am furious about it - because I paid good money to rent a personal space, not to be policed, and what about the flip side? I.e. who's going to be responsible if my belongings go missing, or if I am assaulted in my own locked room?

OK deep breaths. Chill. That's why la I think I will have to move. It's a pity because my housemates seem to be nice people, but I cannot live in a panopticon, and my situation now reminds me so much of Singapore in general that it's not even funny.

Have to detoxify my brain with all the hate and rage within. Indiaaaaaaaaaaaa. Bostonnnnnnnnn. Ohmmmmmm.