1984 Volkswagen Doka

The seller of the VW Doka writes, "This is a great truck, I am selling it only to fund a Unimog or Volvo TGB build. My son's Boy Scout Troop needs a bigger rig to bring them into the woods, so I am selling my beloved Doka to fund the project." Damn. I might have stayed in the Boy Scouts for longer than the 15 minutes I did if they took us into the woods in a Unimog. (We hiked it. I kind of remember being dropped off at the edge of the woods and just being told not to get lost or bitten by anything.)

Based on the VW Vanagon, the Doka was never officially imported into the US. (I wrote about another one back in May. You can find the post here.)

This Doka now has a fuel injected 2.1 liter engine in it. It's smoother and more reliable than the 1.9 it originally came with, but you still won't win too many drag races.

The seller has done a lot of work to this Doka and it shows. It looks to be in great condition. The aggressive front bumper and the South African sourced wheels look especially great.

Being based on the Vanagan, most parts are easy to find and there's no reason you couldn't drive this truck every day.


Located in Tacoma, WA, click here to see the Craigslist ad.