A Survey, A Proposal and A Play

A Survey

I've been looking at my stats and apparently I have an average of about 100 unique visitors per day.

Hullo, y'all! *waves and blows dragonfruit-scented kisses* *burps* *oops*

The inner child, who incidentally is a researcher, immediately itches to find out more about my readers. I know that many hop by from Rocky's site, which readers I assume are predominantly males in their twenties, thirties and forties. I also know that some of my friends and relatives read this blog. But there's a question - why do you drop by every other day to this ill-maintained blog?

Humour me a bit can? I'm going to ask you three simple questions - will probably take you like 2 minutes to answer. But every answer would make me really happy, and when I am happy I tend to generate better posts - which would ultimately benefit you as a reader in the end =D

  1. Why do you read my blog?
  2. (Sample answers: I know you in person; I think you're interesting; My uni lecturer put you in our required reading list)
  3. What kind of posts do you like the most?
  4. (Sample answers: Short and sweet; Long and rambling; A lot of pictures; Argumentative posts; General posts about your life etc.)
  5. Age, gender, race?
And the usual privacy clause: The information that you disclose will be used solely for my personal pleasure. (Mental masturbation, if you will)

(And I don't mind anonymous commenters)

---

A proposal

Ze research proposal for NUS's application, due next Tuesday, is still unwritten. My head is totally blank. Thought of proposing a methodology for content analysis in blogs, or studying information transfer through blogs. Or doing a cross country comparative analysis in the effectiveness in blogs in democratization.

Sigh. All crap. None of them seems viable enough. *continues to crack head*

---

A Play

That Was the Year – A Tale of Unrequited Love.

Unrequited love, a child born out of wedlock, a country in turmoil...

That Was The Year - A Tale of Unrequited Love is based on Beth Yahp's short story, In 1969. Set against the backdrop of that tumultuous time in our local history, the story revolves around a Chinese woman who has an affair with a married man, and who bears his child in the midst of the May riots.

Should I? Should I not?

Sigh... if I didn't need to work on the proposal I'd go straight... oklah I'll concentrate on the proposal and if I can finish it by 12noon tomorrow, I'll go.