I'm a hip and happening person.

I'm a hip and happening person.
I'm a hip and happening person.
I'm a hip and happening person.

Perhaps if I said it often enough, it might come true. But at the meantime I am still crouched in front of my computer, listening to the distant cries of Happy New Year and firework crackles, blogging the first post of Year 2009. Also watching some HK dramas at the side, and applying Mopiko onto my mosquito bites. I think I've been spoiled by Singaporean mosquitoes. Su Lin says that Singaporean mosquito bites are not as potent as Malaysian ones. I didn't believe her till I got these bites at Bukit Tinggi and one of them swelled up to the size of my palm o_O Hail the formidable Malaysian mosquitoes!

2009 so far has been... er... uneventful.

The new year resolution last year was to write a travel book, which obviously did not happen. I did a fair bit of travelling though. New year last year was celebrated at Picton, together with Robert, Val, Marten, Lyla and Kaisa. Came back from NZ end of March. Travelled with YKent and Guang Hong on a road trip around Peninsular Malaysia early May; with Asa to Thailand mid June; with Val around Peninsular Malaysia again in July. Met Robert in Malacca right before starting my term in Singapore in August. Slogged through coursework, bought an impulse ticket to KK, went to KK with Jia Ling end of November.

Second day, 11 hours into 2009.

I suppose I should put down some new resolutions. The less I have, the less I break, so I guess this year I only have two: One is to keep track of my finances, which so far I have left to the Gods, and to not look at my bank account balance. So, umh, after coming back from KK, I have no idea how much money I actually have. That's probably not what they teach you at Personal Finance 101.

Second one is to travel out of the Asia Pacific region. This I have some plans for, fingers crossed, hopefully this year I'll be able to finish my research proposal and pave the path for more travelling, a.k.a. time out of Singapore, the Christchurch of er... the Southeast Asian region. Yeah insider joke that insiders themselves might not understand. Moving on.

Oh well I'm going out with Woei in a minute and have to prepare. OK one more resolution - I'm going to try my best to be happy in 2009.

To the loo!