Ramblings.

Times like these I want to write and write and write but I don't really know what to write. For instance I could talk about my book launch yesterday, where only less than 30 people turned up, which was good for the butterflies in my stomach but not so good for the forum in general. I sat at the panel and felt secretly mischievous as the whole thing felt so much like a fake stage, a rehearsal, because of the empty hall. I looked at the people who came and wondered why they did. Not that I don't appreciate their attendance, I do. And then I remembered previously that I would also turn up for forums like these, just for the heck of it. So apparently yesterday the gods in charge of the just-for-the-heck-of-it lever to the world only dispensed a little of the good stuff so not many people came.

Weston. I wanted to blog about Weston so bloody much when I got back from KK. Then I was busy with the book launch speech, which was crap, and then Gayo my Filipino classmate from NTU came to visit and I got us gloriously lost in the labyrinth of Kuala Lumpur, and then I worked on the speech some more, and then I got lost in an awesome book called Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer. When I grow up I want to write just like him. And then there was the book launch. After that was now, and later I am going to the mall with Jen Hui to catch a movie, maybe Kinta, which is the first martial arts Malaysian film, or so I've heard. I'm also going to buy a set of PJs. That's because tonight I'm holding a pajamas party. Noone knows what's going to happen besides pajamas or lingerie (yeah right) are mandatory and it's going to be held at my house. As one of the hosts I am too lazy to ask the other host YJ what we plan to do. I don't think we're really good party throwers.

Wow, I just discovered this really neat feature of Google! I put in "Kinta", because I wanted to see the showtimes, and then there's this field that you get to put in your postcode. With much sceptism I put in 51200, my postcode, and was brought to this page, with all the showtimes of all the cinemas nearby! Batman is superbly impressed.

Tomorrow I'm leaving KL, going back to the Land of Queues in the evening. As much as I am reluctant to - and believe me I am very, very, very, (infinite loop) (break) reluctant to go back - I have to, because I am a good responsible adult and I have work to do, money to earn and travel plans to fund. I had this burning desire to travel and write a travel book again, yesterday. I hadn't had this desire for ages already. I mean, travel, yes, but to write about it, no. Good books inspire people to read, wonderful books inspire people to write.

Prof W says that I shouldn't take more than 3 years to finish my PhD, because I have the capacity to. Mum says that I should just take my time because my scholarship lasts 4 years anyway. I am undecided. But inclined towards 3 years. I think if I put my mind to it I will be able to do it. But what next then?

I should go. Jen Hui's waiting for me.