Why.

Why no aircond on Saturday. Why.

Was supposed to do some hiking at the Bukit Timah area this morning with some couchsurfers but ended up not going because I woke up with a sore throat, which is so old that it's not even whine-worthy anymore. So I decided to be good and go to the office to continue writing my paper, which is progressing at a breakneck speed of two paragraphs/day (yesterday being the first day that the writing commenced).

I have since found out that oxygen is quite vital to lubricate the synapses in order for academic writing to flourish. Who would have thought? Though non-academic writing seems to flow when one is delirious, or so I've noticed.

I texted Feng Yang to warn her of the dearth of air in the office, and she replied "OMG! is our school going bankrupt?" which I found most amusing indeed. The new policy appears to be that there would be no airconditioning after 6:30pm and during the weekends. Apart from deranged admin staff trying to suffocate our brilliant brains systematically, we have come up with an alternative theory that the school is going through rigorous cost-cutting measures in light of the current economic crisis. Which includes suffocating our brilliant brains systematically.

Why else would I be spending time rambling aimlessly on my blog when I should be working on my paper so that I can finish it and retire to my hostel where breathable air is in abundant supply? This isn't even a decent attempt at a proper rant. I'm ashamed of myself.

Back to work.