Take me by the hand take me somewhere new, I don't know who you are, but I'm with you.

I suppose there's no easy way to break this news - I left Switzerland prematurely, one week before I was supposed to, with the air ticket to Estonia already booked for next Wednesday, from Zurich. Instead I decided yesterday morning to fuck everything and just leave. I hitchhiked from Bussigny (west Switzerland) yesterday, with 6 rides, and right now am typing this in Leipzig, Germany, some 900kms away. I am safe, at Robert (Val's friend)'s apartment, quite happy with where I am and with the decision that I made, sometimes you just have to walk away if you don't feel comfortable with where you are.

Too much has happened within the past 48hours - involving me being quite ignored by a company of Swiss-German speaking people, drinking and dancing at a jazz festival having an awesome time, waking up feeling like crap and knowing that I'd be ignored some more, and then deciding that I would walk away from that (and the Swiss Alps, regretfully). I bought a map of Europe, made up a boyfriend for the occasion, and stuck my thumb out at the nearest exit to the highway. Crossed the Swiss border to Deutschland, reloaded my completely empty German sim card, gave Val a call and all was well again.

I have been really lax in taking pictures again, so here are just a few from hitchhiking:

Nunzio, the Italian trucker who picked me up, transported me for a major part of my trip, and made me Italian coffee and spaghetti. This is him making coffee from the inside of his truck.

Stopped by the German police because Nunzio was driving a little too fast, and they took some time to verify my passport - after which they offered to pose for a touristy picture.
Me and my trusty Europe map.

Going to hitch some more a couple of days later, from Leipzig to Hamburg, where I will join Val. Then probably I'll fly to Estonia from there.