The bad news is.

I am bound for yet another night in the office trying to write on a topic that I have only a barest inkling about. I mean I am by no means an expert on homosexual movies. I've watched two or three, yes, but to go in depth into the political undertones, shooting from a male perspective, Japanese pink film genre... I am totally clueless. How can you write about something that you don't know about? That's right. You goreng.

*goreng goreng tengah goreng*

This section of the paper (I'm only writing one section of it, it's a group project) reminds me of eggless maggi curry. It's just... soulless. I mean yeah it fills your stomach but one part of you know that something's not quite right. Incomplete. Like a gourmet chef (who specializes in instant noodles), I hesitate to cook something which does not have a soul. Which is why I am stuck in this stupid situation of procrastinating through my blog, yet again, at 10:30pm when I should be slaving over the paper to get it over with. It's just four pages. How hard could it be? *deep deep breath*

Anyway. I'm a little jittery. I sent my supervisor a paper which I'm interested to submit for a conference... and he just told me to pop by his office tomorrow morning, without letting on whether it's a positive or negative response. I think around here people like giving bad news face to face. It softens the blow and you don't get the other person scarred for life with a badly written email rejection. But Greenpeace did wonders for my resilience in handling rejections. No? OK, moving on to the next door. After 30 doors, someone's bound to cave in. Good ol' Greenpeace. Fingers crossed till they're knotted beyond human capacity though, for the conference paper. *whispers: it's held in Chicago next May*

At this point you're probably expecting the good news after the bad news (which was just me being dramatic about being stuck in office). Hehe. I just bought my tickets to Kota Kinabalu, flying from Singapore 22nd Nov, flying back KL 27th Nov. Booking tickets online still gives me that rush =D And during my times of procrastination I have taken to looking at pictures of the wonderful beaches Sabah has to offer... and I really can't wait. Nex has been kind enough to suggest and arrange an itinerary for me, so I don't have to invest too much time to plan =D Mucho mucho terima kasih!!

So my finals are on 12th, 14th and 21st... 22nd I'll be off to KK! Burning a hole in my pocket, but I bet it'll all be worth it, my first trip to East Malaysia!

I've decided to go back to the hostel. The paper will write itself, as it always does, at the 11th hour.