No longer homeless (in a month's time)!

WAHAHAHAHA.

Just paid deposit for the place that I am going to move into in a month's time. It's within walking distance (like 15 minutes? Even nearer than my current place, which is a 25min walk), the room's big and airy, my future housemate looks like a decent fellow who's going to be married in a month and staying in the house with his new bride. The price is acceptable for the location and the size of the room. Although technically I am getting a raise in two months' time, I am actually going to be poorer because the room's going to be SGD200 more expensive than my current room, not counting utilities.

But still, I have a home in a month! And staying outside campus, I feel so grownup. MRT's within walking distance as well, like 25 minutes I estimate, and there's also a primary school right in front of my building. Not that I have any use of it at the moment, but we never know. There's even a secondary school a couple of blocks away. That's reassuring.

Anyway. I've got the music post blogged out in the drafts but don't feel like putting it up yet, maybe later. For now I am just going to ramble on for a bit. I studied like 2 pages today, was totally out of form - partly because I was nervous about the house, it's actually the first time that I've looked for a house on my own. Yuen couldn't come with me because she was rushing for an assignment, last minute work come second nature to students I've noticed - so I went, had instant rapport with my future Indian housemate and managed to negotiate a good price for the big airy room instead of the small dingy one that I was supposed to take (thanks Mum for giving me my magic smile).

*happy and relieved sigh*

So now that's settled, I just have to figure out the logistics, I'm moving out around the second week of May, have to pack and stuff, also have to buy a mattress. I'll have a fridge! Finally! And no longer have to pay for laundry... though I need to figure out how those pole thingies work. Wouldn't be fun to drop my laundry 12 floors down. There'll be a nice white wall to put my Map of Asia (With Europe Thrown In) on - I learnt to appreciate nice white walls after seeing some pictures of another HDB flat that I was looking at - bright pink walls with pink lacy curtains! Seriously. Why would anyone deface their house like that?

Gosh. Some guy's screaming his head out outside. Exam pressure I guess.

*continues dreaming happily about future room*