Indiaaaaaaaaa

So I'm superbly excited about our trip to India. Tentatively it will be from 18th July till 25th July, sandwiched between two time slots that I have to be in Singapore, but that's the best time for Asa and I, so a week it is. We are planning to take Tiger Airways to Chennai, get a train to Bangalore and fly back from Bangalore. Tentative plan lah.

Result of travel fueled adrenaline - 1:30am already still wide awake o_O I was lepaking half of yesterday and whole of today as well, totally not caring about my Tuesday test, nyehh... Tuesday still far away... anyway, ended up just reading up information about Chennai and Bangalore in the office, pestering good ol' Asa who was supposed to be working, with train schedules and random tidbits of Chennai and Bangalore.

For instance, did you know that the cheapest theatre in India is in Bangalore, where you can watch plays and stuff for RM3-RM7? WTFFF cheaaaappppp for live performance! And did you know that Bangalore was called The Town of Boiled Beans (Benda Kaale Uru in Kannada), boiled beans! hahahaha (OK no offense to Indians out there anywhere, I'm just so hyper happy now that I will just laugh at anything, even at German jokes hahahaha)

Chennai also has so many interesting things bursting with culture, such as Auroville (which seems to be like a commune of sorts), Cholamandal Artists Village, a thriving Tamil film industry which is known as Kollywood! Wahahahahaha! I am so tickled about it I'm not even sure why (apart from being hyper happy).

And finally I shall be able to go buy some Indian wear, I like the salwar which is something like a long tunic/skirt worn with pants, I've been seeing my Indian colleagues wearing them, they seem very comfortable and pretty! Though with my totally Chinese face I might look weird in them... but don't care lah XD

Trying to slot everything in, with more than 2 months to prepare and to do extensive research (exhausting all my Indian contacts and will be establishing new ones through CS). Asa was mentioning that I have many Indian contacts. As in, Indian Indian (as opposed to Malaysian Indian or Singaporean Indian etc.). Let me see, from the top of my head -
  1. Nandakishor-you're-always-late, old Greenpeace pal
  2. Kiran The Martial Arts Champion, also another Greenpeace pal
  3. Kokil, one of the research students whom I went out once with
  4. Blooma, another research student whom I asked about the salwar (research students have office space btw, and they're all my office neighbours)
  5. Tejas - this CS guy who randomly contacted me through CS asking about traveling in Malaysia - and I just found out by chance through forum discussions that he is right now in Chennai! Must force him to return the favour, and CS rocks!!!
  6. This Other Indian Girl - a project officer on my floor who's from Chennai as well. Can't remember her name.
  7. Sidhu, from Mumbai whom I met quite randomly while asking for directions on the road to the Singaporean train station
  8. Nandan my future housemate
  9. Nandan's wife my future housemate #2
  10. My future housemate #3 who's also from India (all housemates count because by July I'd have known them already)
  11. Suruchi, one of the Master's students who co-wrote my Homosexuality and Films paper.
  12. Namrata, another Master's student. We're going out to party after Tuesday's paper.
  13. Hyacinths, another Master's student whom I worked with recently as a receptionist in one of the events that our school was hosting... my versatile PhD skills include smiling brilliantly at foreign diplomats and pointing them to the direction of the event.
Can't think of more now. Still damn happy. 2am already =_= I love planning trips, I love putting all the things together to form a seamless plan, no right answer, just the most optimal answer. And I love trawling through wikis and CS forums to find interesting things to do, getting maps of the place, figuring transport connections, highlighting quirky stuff to see, things that we must eat...

Damn. Tired already. Zzz.