Finally, the answer to my loo reading call.

So I've been stuck without loo reading for a while, having finished The Kite Runner, and I was beginning to get agitated because I never, never read academic reading on the loo where I live now. It's a boundary thing. The boundary used to be my room, but that was thrown out because for some reason reading academic stuff on the bed works for me. So you could say that the loo is the final frontier, and that was quite threatened for the past few days when I've been really busy and when I found myself thinking that I could use the time on the loo to read about development journalism in Africa. I almost relented. Almost.

That was before today. I went to the HSS Library today to borrow some books on the March 08 General Election - and guess what I found! Two whole shelves of novels and such, books that normal people read! Familiar authors like Terry Pratchett, Nick Hornby, and etc - and stuff that I've always wanted to sample but never bought because I wasn't sure if I would like them. Like Virginia Woolf, Tom Holt and Salman Rushdie. Stuff to broaden my literary horizons =D

I've only borrowed one book, after all the library will be there for a while, and it's light reading, Snow White and the Seven Samurai by Tom Holt. Found myself chuckling away at the first few pages, it will be a fun read I'm sure - it's about how some hackers shut down The Wicked Queen's magic mirror (Mirrors 3.1) and corrupted the database, hence creating havoc in the fairytale world. The mirror even has error messages, like "Bad command or file name", hahahahahaha.

I'm so looking forward to loo going tomorrow. For now, it's putting away the book reluctantly, and starting to read March 8: Eclipsing May 13. Joy.