Dancing in a snow globe.

Blogging and singing along to Joshua Radin's Winter, in an uplifting, swaying manner that KF would have considered inappropriate for a rather sad song. I remember with fondness that he used to shake his head at me crooning happily at depressing ballads. But what can I do if I just enjoy singing so much that the corners of my mouth turn up, automatically, while I belt out song after song?

***

My roving mind also has me looking at my Google Calendar for January and anticipating all the Couchsurfers that will come (four girls! Yeah!), and I'm also contemplating the courses that I'm sitting in for. At the same time I am watching a HK drama with my sister. At intervals I am cupping my face, in a physical representation of "The Scream", exclaiming "好奸啊!!!" (English: Hou Gan Ahh!!)

***

I'm reading a new paper on tourism and identity. Getting inspired. Writing notes. Making a timeline in my head on when I'll finish the first draft of my confirmation report. It will happen, it will happen!

***

I'm meeting Woei in the afternoon. Looking forward to some inspiring conversations. We have an annual talkathon when we meet and just spill our guts to each other. Last year we talked for 18 hours straight. I think this year we'll probably not, since our older bodies can't stand all-nighters any longer. But we're also one year older and wiser and therefore the quality of our conversation will be even better, like aged wine.

***



I remember the sound
of your November downtown
I remember the truth
A warm December with you

But I don't have to make this mistake
And I don't have to stay this way
If only I would wake

***

So many snowflakes. So little time to observe each and every one of them, that I choose to dance through them, creating little whirlwinds, kicking up a blizzard, laughing! For the moment now is the only moment, worries are of no use because I will face challenges when they come, and I know I will prevail, and there is nothing left to do right now except to

Dance, dance, like you can change the world!