So Transformers Sucked.

I don't care what everyone else says. It didn't work for me.

First and foremost I have learnt that my inability to recognize faces triples when it comes to robot mugs. Half the time I didn't know which side was which, so the battle of the century boiled down to screeching metal, flying debris and screaming humans. And a little bit of fire here and there. For 30mins or so.

I was bored. I glanced sideways at YKent and saw him suppressing a yawn. And that is why we are steamboat buddies. (Not 'coz he's perpetually sleepy, but 'coz we are steamboat-eating birds of a feather.)

Another major gripe, illustrating the ultra-cheesy script is that I don't get why the good robots were so nice to humans. I laughed out loud when Megatron flicked the "disgusting" human blocking the road, because that is exactly what I would do if I were him. Not because humans are disgusting per se, but because I am a ten-storey-high invincible chunk of metal, and cannot be expected to have compassion of a saint. Optimus Prime's stark contrast at refusing to harm any human at all (with no good reason except for having the compassion of a saint) is, sorry to all his fans, very pretentious.

Other movie-related questions and gripes I am willing to attribute to the reasons: that I drifted away half-way through due to boredom, and that I did not follow the original Transformers comics. Maybe that's why I don't get why The Cube had to be sent to dunnowho (why didn't Optimus and Co. take it and take off back to their home planet?) in a densely populated city instead of some nicely isolated wilderness.

The effects were good, no doubt. But effects are so commonplace nowadays that the really winning movies are those who move beyond effects, with good content and meaning. I have only this to say about Transformers: What a waste of a good two hours and RM7. Luckily today's Super Wednesday.