Randomness

I've finished the first chapter but so far it looks pretty boring to me. Sigh. It's difficult! It's difficult to explain academic stuff in a non-academic way, and to compound the problem I really don't have much time to give it an interesting twist (NZ hails). I'm reusing some of the stuff in my thesis, so it's important that I keep the style consistent. So there. *moves on to second chapter*

So "Jaded" means:
  1. Worn out; wearied: “My father's words had left me jaded and depressed” (William Styron).
  2. Dulled by surfeit; sated: “the sickeningly sweet life of the amoral, jaded, bored upper classes” (John Simon).
  3. Cynically or pretentiously callous.
I finally looked it up because people have been saying that "You're (me) the jaded type." and I'm tired of nodding and pretending that I know what they're saying. (To them: I didn't know. You were singing to deaf ears.) And then I had to look up callous, which is another word that I've seen around but never thought of looking for. It means "emotionally hardened".

I still don't know which (of 1, 2 or 3) exactly I am.

YKent and I went for a breather yesterday to watch Transformers. Tickets for the 9pm session were sold out at Jusco Kepong, TGV 1Utama and GSC 1Utama! So we bought a pack of popcorn and coke for the glum journey home.

On the personal care front: I have been adjusting my bed time and pleasantly discovered that found that it is the only visible cure to my dry face. I have also had 3 inches of my hair chopped off and got a new fringe. I am still trying to decide whether I like it or not, as my natural hair is temperamental.

YJ's new song is blaring through my inbuilt PC speaker in an endless loop. Makes me a little wistful to listen to it. Probably that's why this post is not interesting. I tend to write better when I'm in a good mood. Or maybe it's all the academic writing! It's sucking out the fun in me!

Well okies... Looks like this post isn't going to get better at this point so I'd better sign off. Chapter 2 awaits.