Shopping then Police Station

So Jen Hui and I went shopping today. I paid RM30 for a bunch of Estee Lauder samples from the kind lady at the counter - much less than what I had expected to spend. A small part of me feels that I shouldn't be paying for samples with "Not for Individual Sale" printed on them, but I've got dry patches on my face and am desperate to de-dehydrate them. And I'm unwilling to fork out RM90 to gamble that their cleanser is that good. (RM165 for the moisturizer! *faint*)

And I got an absolutely adorable jumper from Zara which has blue cats printed all over it! My dad says that it looks like a kid's pyjama but mum, in a midst of a busy phone conversation shook her head absently when I asked her if it was so. I choose to believe her. The jumper cost RM130 (Original price RM160). Ahem.

*hypnotizes self that I haven't been shopping lately hence the expenditure is justifiable*
*still feels guilty*
*tells self: KJ has got a pair of much-envied 8GB iPhones and a 2-year subscription with AT&T! And he's jobless, on top of that has a baby coming soon!*
*feels a bit better*

Halfway through our shopping expedition JenHui found that she had lost her phone. It was apparent when we tried to connect to it using my phone that it was turned off. It was really too bad. Therefore at 5pm we found ourselves to be at the Damansara police station to lodge a report for JenHui to retrieve her number.

While waiting for JenHui as she poured out her woes to the friendly neighbourhood policeman, I entertained myself by looking at a huge stain at the ceiling probably caused by a leak. The police station was awfully stuffy and quite small. Half way through my daydreaming I noticed an officer bringing in two pairs of handcuffs. He headed into a room with tinted windows (but I found that if I looked carefully I could actually see the people inside).

The woman sitting beside me who was totally motionless previously, stood up to talk to the officer. There were two officers inside the room and a couple. I witnessed the handcuffing of the couple. This is the first time that I've seen handcuffs in real life. Thick, metallic and cold. It must be terrifying to have one of those binding my hands.

"Dari kecil sampai besar dia tak pernah curi," pleaded the lady who talked to the officer. She was objecting to the use of handcuffs. The officer was sympathetic and gentle as he told her that it was a standard procedure. I kept my eyes down while catching bits of the conversation. She was the sister of the girl who got caught. Judging by the Jusco plastic bags by the door, I deduce that that was the crime scene.

"Kamu adik dia juga?" The officer asked me. I shook my head bashfully and clarified that I was accompanying JenHui. At that juncture JenHui finally finished her reporting and we left the police station.

The handcuffs are still lingering in my mind. I wonder where the girl would be sent to. I wonder why she did what she did. She doesn't look like the type who has sticky hands. Was it an act of desperation? Was she a kleptomaniac? Was she influenced by her boyfriend? Or vice versa? And why did they look so calm when the cops cuffed them?

Anyway, it was an eventful day. I'm exhausted from all the walking under the sun - two times to and fro from the farthest end of the Dataran Parking beside Giant, to Giant! Going to bed early tonight.