13 Days Left.

Today was a busy day.

I went to the European Higher Education Fair in KLCC at noon, not expecting to find anything much but I actually did find something. There's this uni, Central European University in Hungary offering a PhD in Nationalism Studies. Best thing about it is that they're really liberal in giving out funding. Even for coursework Masters students. I'm still trying to find more information about this uni, I only know that they're actually a US-licensed university, received a lot of funding from Soros, and is relatively young est. in 1991.

The other one that I'm eyeing on is the Erasmus Mundus scholarship, for the European Master of Arts in Media, Communication and Cultural Studies. (see CoMundus) It enables you to choose two European countries to study at during the Masters programme. Funded. Yea yea I know I already have a Masters but the travelling part is Too Enticing.

So the good news is I have got some targets for further studies. Bad news is - I need to prepare all the accompanying documents to be sent out later, 'coz I will be in NZ at that time. Within two weeks. I'm so swamped!!!!

Here are the things that I'm supposed to do within these two weeks:
  1. Pack my room up for 6 months of inactivity. (Crazy task)
  2. Pack my luggage to NZ.
  3. Backup everything on my PC.
  4. Amend stuff on my book, meet up with Prof W to discuss logistics after I'm gone.
  5. Somehow revive my lappy.
  6. Prepare the docs for applications for further studies. (Have to get the recommendation letters and transcripts certified, research proposal must be done later coz I doubt I have time for it now)
  7. Deal with the convo aftermath - take back gown, collect scroll, make plaque, retrieve plaque etc.
  8. Go for dental checkup.
  9. Search for a job in NZ. (CVs, cover letters)
  10. Route planning in NZ.
  11. Go shopping for stuff to bring to NZ.
  12. Goodbye yumchars
Aarrrggghh.....!!!!

Moving on. After the Edufair I rushed to UM to take my family studio pic. I have a feeling that it will never see the light of the day. I do not have any luck for studio pics. I hated my undergrad one so much, that I covered the digital format with graffiti (with a graphic editor) and disfigured my own face. The hard copy is somewhere in the storeroom collecting dust. (Mum would kill me if I drew a moustache and horns on it - that's why I had to resort to digital means.)

That done, I went home to have a rest and later went to the Flute Festival at KLPAC. There was two parts to it - one was a saxophone ensemble, the other one was a flute orchestra. I love woodwinds!! Liked the sax part so much that I bought the CD. There's another session showing tomorrow at 2pm, go catch it if you can!

OK. Have to go now. Tomorrow's another long day chock full with programmes.