Cameron Highlands, and on to Malacca!

Val and I are back from Cameron Highlands. Since he spent most of last night puking his guts out and having diarrhea, we decided to stay in KL for one night for him to recuperate, and move on to Malacca only tomorrow.

It really is unfortunate that food poisoning had to mar the brilliant trip we have had so far. I am having so much fun pointing stuff out and pretending to be streetwise in front of him, haha! (No thanks to my mum blowing my cover when I introduced the hockey stadium at Jalan Duta as a football stadium *cringe* - Han Solo, this is my bimbo moment for you)

And food wise Val has enjoyed everything we've fed him ("We" as in Malaysia =D), so it really is too bad that we might have to be a little bit more careful now on what we order, though we didn't have hawker stuff and the suspected culprit is the Indian food served at one of the restaurants in Tanah Rata. Since Val's vegan, Indian food's convenient because they always have vegetarian options with no eggs or dairy products.

This trip has been so laid back that I've taken like five pictures, which I somehow can't copy into this machine! I don't know why =_= but it's just as well that I didn't take shitloads of pictures and can't use them at the end. I didn't even take the Boh Tea plantation because it was raining and I didn't bring my camera along for the half day tour we had in Cameron.

We were on the tour with a French couple, Laura and Fabien. The first stop was the Butterfly Farm, where I held a live scorpion on my palm for a while, just for the heck of it (since we had no camera and couldn't take pictures). Initially I thought that they had removed the venom from the scorpion, but when it was on my palm (it was as long as my palm actually, the scorpion) the guide said that it was still poisonous. o_O But it wouldn't sting you if you didn't attack him at the abdomen. And the sting wouldn't kill you, it would just hurt a bit like if a bee stung you.

Having held the scorpion I had the bragging rights for the day, such as when we were climbing the Gunung Brinchang watch tower and I was concerned about the rungs being slippery, and Val was like "don't be a wuss", I went, "Oh well, I held a live scorpion today, so who's Da Man now??" Damn right. I am. The Frenchman, Fabien, was so afraid of snakes and scorpions and the like, that he and Laura skipped the Butterfly Farm altogether, waiting outside. I was of the opinion that Europeans are wimps (no offense - I do think it's only wise to be wary about creatures you don't know - they could potentially kill, infect or tickle you) and Val concurs.

We also visited the Mossy Forest, quite an interesting experience trekking through a wet mess of moss and mud and dead leaves. But since it was raining we didn't see much, not as much as I would've wanted to anyway. Val and I were dressed in mere t-shirts and shorts, as opposed to Fabien and Laura's heavy pants and raincoats, but we turned out alright. I'm glad I didn't wear my long pants since I'd get mud all over them and the cold wasn't that unbearable, even though Gunung Brinchang is 6,666ft high and it was raining all afternoon.

I wanted to post a picture of a bonfire they had in Kang Traveller's Lodge (will do a review after the entire trip), but you'd have to use your imagination instead - that Val and I sat in front of, chatting at length about life during NZ, life beyond NZ and evil people who didn't bother to text.

In fact, for the four days that Val's been here, we've just been talking our heads off. In front of the bonfire, while enjoying 100% fresh mango juice, while taking a walk to Parit Falls, while stalking a kid who was quite agitated at two strangers tailing him. Sharing our different culture, learning new words (I now know how to say "You can touch my feet" in German) and cringing over downright disgusting dirty jokes involving glass eyes, eughh.

Oh yeah. Our bus crashed into another bus while on the way to Tapah from Cameron today. We didn't fall into a ravine or anything. I also have a picture of that, so you can use your imagination again.

Annnnd, this subject would come up somehow - I have to pack now. For one night in Malacca, and we're going to do couchsurfing. I'm really curious about how it's like in Malaysia. We're going to visit D'Paradise Tropical Fruit World and will buy some fruits for Mr. Yee in Malacca who has kindly agreed to host us.

Here's Val's post on what's happened so far, and he has even got a label "I-Love-Malaysia", how sweet is that =D