Random Ramblings #2

Freaking busy. But still found time to agree to a translation project due tomorrow to earn some measly small bucks. Why la do I always do this to myself?? And I am also a teensy bit tipsy on the beer I had at the Press Club earlier this evening. That makes me sleepy. But still have to work. And that makes me cranky.

I'm going back to Singapore this Friday, the day after tomorrow. You know the worst part about coming back is having to leave again. This is totally the opposite of travelling. After every trip there is the delightful prospect of returning to good ol' home. To manipulate my mind I would have to work along the logic of, whenever I go to Singapore there will also be homecoming at the end. But to base my existence in Singapore on that is bloody pathetic and depressing.

I refuse to be pathetic and depressed!

I have big plans for my transient three-year stay in Singapore. I am going to achieve a good work-life balance (yeah yeah I know I am blogging right now when I'm supposed to do translation but you might notice that I was talking about Singapore. Right now I'm in KL so it doesn't count.) Work will only be done in the office, and I shall refuse to bring any work back to my room. I've bought a pair of running shoes and shall run around the campus like a gust of wheezing and panting wind.

I think I shall return to my translation. Shall continue to write when I get bored with that coz it's 1 freaking am and I haven't even done a third of it yet.

---

I just had the most disgusting and genetically engineered persimmon ever. The reason why I think it's GE crap is because I find it hard to believe that the Supreme Being or Evolution, whichever you believe in, would find any use for persimmons that are shaped in vague squares. Eep!

So I downed a bowl of wholesome instant miso soup to cleanse the aftertaste of the persimmon. Very dry and yucky. This is the first time that I've not been able to finish a persimmon, which in nature is an exceedingly satisfying fruit. Stupid GE.

Argh I have to take my antibiotics, almost forgot. I commenced my root canal procedure today at the dentist's. Cost a bomb but at least I will safeguard my back teeth which are extremely important for chewing my food. Basically what's wrong is that I have a cavity which is near to the nerve endings, and if it is filled, I will end up having The Worst Toothache Ever because the filling will disturb my nerves. The solution? Kill the nerve!

'Tis a society of instant gratification. Yay!

And back to work.

---

I have this inexplicable desire for food right now. No I'm not hungry but I just want to chew on something.

---

Val, I probably won't be able to reply your email in a bit till I get back to Singapore and pack everything, so here's some pictures of you and your favourite buddies to compensate ;)





Yeah somehow this post has got pictures of monkeys in it. That's why it's called a rambling post.

---

I think I shall go to bed. Work can wait. Sleep should come first. Two thirds more to go T.T