I am not procrastinating.

After a long and fruitful day I am finally back in my room, in KL, sipping green tea after a good oily dinner, seated in front of my 19-inch monitor. Ahh. The simple pleasures of being home.

Long day because yesterday I didn't sleep too well on the train. I was reading The Kite Runner lent to me by Kukui, who, upon my rejection to read it, sneakily left it with me, so when I was hard pressed for loo reading I picked it up and since then I took extra time every morning to be on the loo and to get depressed even before breakfast. Looking back it wasn't that the book was that depressing, but because I was expecting to get depressed, it kinda became a self-fulfilling prophecy. So anyway I decided to end the madness once and for all and finished the book on the train, bawling my eyes out on upper berth #27, carriage L1, silently because I didn't want to freak out the ill kid sleeping at lower berth #28. Was about 2am when I finally slept, woke up 3 something, went back to sleep and woke up at 6am when the KTM folks walked around waking everybody up to get ready to alight. It wasn't till 6:35am till we reached KL Sentral.

Breakfast with mum and dad, good char kuey tiao at Damansara, got home about 8 something, gawked at sister's new boyfriend with interest, had a quick nap, took a shower and went for my first interview of the day - I am doing a term paper on editorial decisions on the reporting of ethnic issues - got good material, had lunch with mum and dad, nailed my second interview of the day to be held at 4pm, went to do the interview at 4pm, finished interview at 5 something, got back home, went out for dinner, nailed my third and fourth interviews to be held tomorrow hence meeting my quota of at least three interviewees, and I got a diverse set of English, Malay and Chinese dailies, so I am happy.

If you look carefully the above paragraph only has one period.

If you look carefully again, the above paragraph only has one period as well. And no commas.

Yeah so now I have two interviews to transcribe, the material is quite rich and I'm pretty satisfied how things turned out, and that I did not waste this weekend coming home. Not that I don't want to come home, but I am quite up to my neck with work, and travelling home always disorients me badly. Two term papers due next next week. Term Paper #1 I have been trying to complete since ever, and I have only succeeded in coming up with a bee analogy to what I feel about it, which is I am the bee stuck in a glass jar in a beautiful meadow and I keep knocking my head on the glass to get out.

*knock*
*knock*
*knock*
*knock*
*knock*
*knock* are we out yet?
*knock*

Yeah the bee in the analogy is not very bright. But we'll get there. Out in the meadows among the daisies and the pesky butterflies.

Oh and I have yet another insult that I learnt in class. If a person is libel-proof, it means that he has such a low reputation, that he is not defamable. It's just not possible. He's at the lowest rung of the Loser Ladder, that if you threw an indestructible rock down a well that houses the Loser Ladder in an island off Greenland it would travel through the centre of the earth and pop out through another well in the Antarctica where the last rung of the Loser Ladder is at. And strike the libel-proof person clinging onto it.

I hope it is not apparent that I am actually procrastinating from doing any real work by blogging, yet again. Data collection for Term Paper #2 is making progress but I still have a fair bit of work to transcribe and analyze all the findings that I've got, and that is something that I don't fancy doing right now, although my conscience says that I should, since I am sitting in front of my 19-inch monitor, sipping green tea and entirely poised to work.

I think I shall go to bed instead.