Are you suing me for having oral sex?

Yesterday in Dr I's lecture he was telling us an anecdote about this country's newspaper (I think it's Singapore but can't be sure) whose top guy was saying "gay" shouldn't be used for homosexuals because "it's a happy word". So therefore when the American sprinter, Tyson Gay was on the news, his name was automatically altered by the system into "Tyson Homosexual". I hope think they rectified it before it went into print.

I forgot why he was telling that story.

Anyway some help is needed of you dear people, to sign an online petition calling for sexuality rights in Malaysia. Read the text - anal and oral sex are deemed as "unnatural offenses" by law, and people who do it can be sentenced up to 20 years jail and whipped. I didn't know that. And who are you, the state, to tell me what to do and what not to do within the confines of my bedroom? And this doesn't apply only to gay people, but also to heterosexuals as well, for those of you who are wondering. So all of us are in this. Homophobic or not.

Here's the gist of what we want from the government:
  • abolish all laws that criminalise sexual practices between consenting adults.
  • dismantle State institutions or initiatives that were established with the purpose of regulating and monitoring people's sexual or moral behaviour in consensual situations.
  • cease all persecution of and discrimination against sexual minorities such as homosexuals, bisexuals, intersexed, transsexuals and transvestites, and transgendered people.
I think they should focus on pressing development issues such as poverty and education instead of worrying about how we breed. (Or do not breed. I'm sure some of you have seen the comic strip where a sperm asks another one, "Are we there yet?" His friend replies, "No, we've just passed the tonsils!") And what about sex education? Free condoms? Legalized prostitution? Gay marriages?

Alright let's not get carried away here. Sign the petition, my fellowmen and women, at least make ourselves heard in a small scale. Sex is a basic need, much like eating. Should we be policed on how we eat our nasi briyani? Should I be jailed for slurping my soup? Would I be whipped if I don't eat cereal with milk?

Hail sexuality rights! Sign the petition here.