Overwhelmed.

How could anyone write a 240 page book on trust... he must have read like 10,000 pieces of literature before it. Devoted most of his life. On one freaking concept. He is God. Yeah I am using the Flying Spaghetti Monster's name in vain. Yes we don't worship the same god. Get over it.

My head is swimming with concepts, what is trust, how to study trust, how to do cross-cultural comparisons, what is hospitality, how does it fit into communications, am I unconsciously doing a sociological study instead? So many books, so many journal articles, some relevant some irrelevant to different levels, how to string the concepts together to make a coherent train of thought, to form an argument, what am I trying to argue?

Overwhelmed is the word. It's like being in the middle of a tornado where all the pieces of thought are spinning around you, you try to grasp one but it's getting away and the other one's coming oh no it's gone as well and I'm supposed to thread all these thoughts together to form a solid quilt of what we in the trade call "literature review" and I have to use the quilt as a safety net to deliver the baby which is the research and if the quilt's not strong enough the baby's going to plummet 100s of feet down. And die.

I don't like the idea of babies dying.

And so the reading continues.