Bye bye blogs

I wonder how it is to be familiar with most concepts in a field, that you can immediately link what you want to study to Theory A, B or C, and get down to business. I've never had that. Every piece of research that I've done, is from scratch - with no theoretical grounding. I have to grope around in the dark all the time. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out noone is born with the knowledge of Giddens and the concept of agency, for example, and with the rate that I'm jumping across different fields this is purely a case of self-induced misery.

Actually it's not that bad la. Not misery. But a bit scary when I don't know what the hell I am doing. I hope the 3-inch thick stack of reading that I have has some answers within.

I am boycotting popular frivolous Malaysian blogs for the time being. I am tired of being bombarded with advertorials of Oreos, Levi's, blah blah blah. It's all about the money aye. And some people don't even have the courtesy of putting it down as an "advertorial", which is something that irritates me a lot. So, no more going to those blogs. In fact I have also ceased to read Malaysian sociopolitical blogs. I check out Malaysiakini's headlines occasionally to see what's on, and that's it. All the sandiwara going on sickens me. Just tell me when the show's over and who won. It doesn't matter anyway. Unless the rakyat wins, then we're talking.

By the looks of things, it seems that I have grown out of blogs and the blogosphere. I don't think I could study something that I'm not interested in anymore. There are many researchers who are doing a good job of following what's going on, in the Malaysian blogosphere, kudos to them. For me it's probably time to move on to something else.

But nothing's definite of course. I might be struck by inspiration tomorrow and tell an entirely different story.

No this is not declaring a close down of this blog. Sometimes I'm tempted, but it's still open for now.

Have a good weekend, it's a public holiday on Monday as a replacement for Singapore's National Day which is tomorrow. I'm staying back to do my readings and to try integrating myself into my life here, which is the real life at the moment. It's real because I'm still hurting all over my frail body after the workout the other day. Good kind of pain. Shall go for more.