1965 DAF 31 Pick Up Truck (!!)

I just had to do a quick mid-morning post about this car...

Here in the US your chances of seeing a DAF "in person" are about the same as being struck by lightening or winning the lottery.

The chances of seeing 2 different DAFs come up for sale in the same month aren't much better.

This is our lucky month, I guess...

A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post about a DAF 66YA. I figured that I wouldn't be writing about another DAF any time soon.

Wrong.

This morning I spotted this one. This is a DAF 31 pick up truck. The sedan version of this vehicle was known as the Daffodil in the US and a few other markets. (Not using the Daffodil name on the pick up was probably a really good idea. Imagine rolling up next to a bunch of Dodge Power Wagons or Ford F-Whatevers... "That sure is a tiny little pick up truck ya got there, son. What is it?" "It's a Daffodil, sir..." What followed wouldn't be pretty.)

This is a terrible eBay ad. There's no info and just the one picture. I just thought I'd point it out so you can tell your kids and grandkids that you once saw two DAFs for sale in one month.

The seller ends his listing with the sentence "Other DAFs soon for sale on eBay!". More DAFs for sale in one month? It's time to buy a lottery ticket and stay out of thunderstorms.

Located in Dumont, NJ, click here to see the eBay listing.