-46: Money matters.

LL's birthday wishes to me yesterday suddenly woke me up to the fact that I should probably monitor the currency exchange from now onwards. I'm ashamed to admit that the last time I went to the States I changed the money like a week before I left and had no inkling whatsoever about the currency strength of SGD at that time.

O my frugal Chinese forefathers, I have failed you.

This time I will do a daily monitor on currency graphs. According to XE.com, last October the Euro was at its strongest (relative to SGD), at SGD2.09 per Euro. Right now it appears to be at the weakest so far, since April 2009, at 1.79. In comparison, that's a 15% discount on everything that I buy in Euro! o_O

LL you are truly the beacon of my life, the opener of my eyes.

Skipping dragonboat training today to continue writing. I think I am finally on a roll =)