Weekend Quickies - Saturday, May 22, 2010

1981 6 Cylinder Ferrari 308 - We've all seen Fieros that have been made to look like Ferraris. This has to be a first... Here we have a Ferrari that has been made to perform like a Fiero. The seller has replaced the Ferrari engine with a GM 2.8 liter V6.

I don't even know what to say about this. My friend, Jeff, sent me the link to this in an e-mail he titled, "Oh, But Why?" I have no idea.

Located in Orrville, OH, click here to see the Craigslist ad.

1967 Intermeccanica Torino / Italia - Now this is cool. This is an Italian car that came with an American engine. A big Ford V8.

I wrote about an Intermeccanica Italia / Torino coupe back in January. I included a bit of history about the car and the companies that produced it. You can find the post here.

I've seen a few of these at car shows. Believe it or not, they are even more attractive in person than they are in pictures. This is just a gorgeous car.

Located in Atascadero, CA, click here to see the eBay listing.

I received this e-mail from JaCG reader "Ferrari Bubba". I just thought I'd pass it along...

I just ran across an August, 1965 copy of R&T and was thumbing through the auto classifieds in the back:

------------------------------------------------------------------
1955 MERCEDES-BENZ 300-SL. Gullwing.
One of the best available. Lightweight
body, knockoffs. Best offer over $3,800.
------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------
1955 PORSCHE SPYDER, 2 windshields,
top & trailer. Will trade. $2,950.
------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1957 FERRARI 3.5 Super Monza. Immac-
ulate. Used in motion pictures, never
raced. Licensed and driven on the street.
Best offer around $3,700, or trade down.
---------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------
1964 FERRARI 3-Litre GT Berlinetta (2
seater) Absolutely flawless, concourse
condition. Bright red/beige leather. Only
3450 careful miles. $14,600 new, now
$8,500. Trade accepted.
------------------------------------------------------------

Choke! Yer pal, Ferrari Bubba


Ack.

1963 VW Type 34 "Razor Edge" Karmann Ghia - In last week's "Weekend Quickies" I featured a Type 34 Karmann Ghia that was sitting in a junkyard in Colorado. Here's one in much better condition.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, these cars were never sent to the US. I have no idea why. They are very nice looking cars.

This one is in overall good condition. Best of all, it's rust free.

Located in El Mirage, AZ, click here to see the eBay listing.

A big thanks to JaCG reader, Manny, for sending me the link to this car.