-36: Dragonboat racing!

Today I had my first race! It's just 200m, nothing serious, but kind of fun. I was in the British Dragons Team B Women (story of how I got into the Brit team: Jia Ling had a friend Michael who was in the team, so one day she brought me along - but after that she got a boyfriend so she was too busy to go, and I ended up going with Michael - and then somehow Michael stopped going and I went alone. True story.) and we raced with another 3 boats for the qualifying round, and we were first! So tomorrow we're going through the semi-finals and then hopefully the finals.

"Can't believe those JC students brought their homework to do here!" said Vithya, one of my fellow paddlers. I then shamefacedly revealed the bunch of literature that I brought there. It was a good thing that I did that though, because most of the time was spent waiting anyway.

We saw some boats capsize (I think there were 3 at least) and there was this funny boat that had this cox (the person who steers) who kept butting into other people's lanes haha. It started off in Lane 2, veered off course into Lane 3, got back on course in Lane 2 and picked up the pace admirably only to veer into Lane 4. All in the space of one minute.

Hopefully we'll be able to bring back some bling tomorrow! Going to write a little now before going to bed. Buona Notte!