1968 Opel Rekord

I am in no way, shape or form, recommending that anyone bid on this car.

First of all, it's in Romania. Nothing against Romania, it looks like a nice place to visit, it's just that there seems to be a lot of car scams coming out of Romania these days. Secondly, the seller has a feedback rating of 3. Thirdly, and I don't know the laws in Romania so maybe this isn't weird, the front and back plates don't match. In fact, the rear plate seems to be attached by zip-ties. That kind of makes me think "scam".

Anyway, having said all that, the is a pretty cool old Opel. You can find the eBay listing here.

Actually, the real reason I'm posting this car is because in trying to find some decent info about the Rekord C (which is what this car is known as), I found a forum called GM Inside News. One of the threads is "GM Trivia". There's some pretty interesting / useful / useless - but definitely fun - stuff here. (Did you know that the 1980 Cadillac Seville was the first car in the world to combine FWD and a diesel V8? I didn't. Do I care? No, not really, but it's still cool to know.) You can find the thread here.

And yes, this has been one of those weeks where finding interesting cars to write about has been tough!