-62: The world gone wrong.

I've been reading the news and there've been so much bad news that it's depressing. I'm not talking about the Malaysian front - I've been much happier since I've given up reading about Malaysian politics. But looking all around, there's the Iceland volcanic ash closing down most airports in Europe (Linda who was supposed to leave on Saturday, has been stranded at my place till today) causing indefinite suspension on everything air-travel related, earthquake in China killing more than 1700 people, political unrest in Thailand paralyzing the local economy and causing bloodshed, plane tragedy killing Polish leaders -

I need to get back to work but I just can't shake off this feeling of gloom, of intense suffering and sadness going on around the world, while I sit at my little desk and bury my head into academic literature, having no direct consequence of making a difference in this mad world.