1988 24 Valve Alfa Romeo Verde

Yeah, I know what you're thinking. You've read it all before. I loved my Alfa Romeo Milano. The engine is brilliant. Of all the cars I've owned, it's the one I miss the most. I wish I still owned it... and so on and so on and so on.

It may be hard to believe, but I don't really feel the need to write about every Milano that comes up for sale. (I feel a real need to drive every Milano that comes up for sale, but what little bit of common sense I have left prevents me from doing that.)

I do feel a need to write about this one.

This car started life a Milano Verde. That alone is pretty impressive. It was the top of the line Milano, with a 3.0 version of the Alfa 6.

The 3.0, as it came in the Milano, was a SOHC engine that developed 185 HP. It was brilliant (Sorry, I said it again).

This car still has a 3.0 in it, but it's taken from a 164. The 164 version of the 3.0 was a DOHC, 4 valve per cylinder engine and it was even more brilliant (Sorry, again), developing around 225 HP.

The 164 is a great car, but it's FWD. The Milano is rear wheel drive with a transaxle and perfect 50/50 balance. That much HP in that car must be incredible.

Located in Victoria, BC, Canada, click here to see the eBay listing.

I'd like to promise you that this will be the last Milano post for awhile, but that would probably be a lie.