1987 Peugeot 505 Turbo S

I have written about Peugeot 505s in the past. Some people will say I've written about them too often. What can I say? I really like these cars. I've owned 3. I'm still looking for another turbo wagon.

I haven't written about a 505 Turbo S before...

This is a great "sleeper" car. Underneath the conservative, but good looking Pininfarina styled body is a 2155cc 4 cylinder engine with a water-cooled Garrett turbo and an intercooler. It took this large car to 60 MPH in under 8 seconds. That was very, very impressive 23 years ago and still impressive now.

The Turbo S, being one of the top of the line US models, came with every conceivable amenity in 1987; ABS, power everything, heated seats and mirrors, etc.

I catch a certain amount of flack from friends for my love of the Peugeot 505. All I can say is, drive one. The seats are about as comfortable as any seat found in any car at any price. The dash is unique looking, but everything is logically placed. It's roomy. And, contrary to popular belief, it's well built and dependable. Best of all, with the turbo engine (or a V6) the 505 is fun.

This 505 Turbo S is in decent overall condition. The seller says everything works (I told you so!) and it runs great. The body could use paint or a really good buffing. It looks like the driver's side door was re-painted at one time, so it would be worthwhile to look for previous accident damage. Later 505s didn't rust as badly as the earlier ones but, this being a New England car, it should be checked thoroughly.

2 of my Peugeots were 6 cylinder cars. 1 was a turbo. For highway cruising the V6 is probably a better choice. But, for blasting through the mountains and back roads, the turbo is the way to go.

This car is located in Bethel, CT. Click here to see the eBay listing.

505Turbo.com is a good website dedicated to these cars. It hasn't been updated in awhile, but you can still find some good info and great videos.